I’ve been waiting for the first clue of Bonnie Hunter’s newest mystery quilt…”Roll Roll Cotton Boll”.  I was able to print out the first clue before the clock struck 12:00 last night ~ one of the benefits of living on the West coast!!

I changed my colours after spending last weekend away at a quilting retreat and spotting this colour combo in a magazine.Up to that time I was struggling with shopping from my stash.  Chioices were teal, purple, gold, cream which I loved but couldn’t choose a constant so I kept switching it up.  Not satisfied with any of them.   I’ve now chosen light pink, greens, blacks and tone on tone white/light cream with a double pink/raspberry as my “constant” (Bonnie’s lingo for one colour that ties the scrappy colours together nicely).

The first step is 3 2″ strips; two pink with one green in the middle.  Then cut into 2″ sub-strips.  Here is the result:  172 units done!

Until next time!
Mavis

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

12 comments on “Friday Night Sew-in – perfect timing for Roll Roll Cotton Boll new Quiltville mystery
  1. MaryLu says:

Oh, pretty! Mavis! Mine are scrappy, scrappy and all over the map as far as color and style are concerned. I'm so excited to see everyone's projects completed. Look at me, it's only step one and I want the journey finished.
    Mary in rainy, (wish it was snowing instead,) western Washington.

2. MaryLu says:

Mary in rainy, (wish it was snowing instead,) western Washington.

3. Cheri says:

I like the idea of the double pink as a constant instead of the red. I'm just not sure about that red. I'll pull my constant as we progress. There's always black LOL

4. Cheri says:

5. Good job! I haven't chosen my constants yet either, but I'm sure it won't be Bonnies red and green 🙂

6. Good job! I haven't chosen my constants yet either, but I'm sure it won't be Bonnies red and green 🙂

7. Shay says:

Wow! Thats an incredible amount of sewing and I love the colours you chose.

What a productive FNSI you had.

8. Shay says:

Wow! Thats an incredible amount of sewing and I love the colours you chose.

What a productive FNSI you had.

9. Yum! Looks great! I have a couple of options for my "constant" but will wait until I see how it is used in the quilt before deciding.

10. Yum! Looks great! I have a couple of options for my "constant" but will wait until I see how it is used in the quilt before deciding.

11. Amy says: